The Fairly Educated Conference will be held at Deakin University, Geelong Campuses.
Waurn Ponds Campus Address: 75 Pigdons Road, Waurn Ponds, VIC 3216
Waterfront Campus Address: 1 Gheringhap St, Geelong, VIC 3220
If you are coming from interstate, this information will be useful for you!
We have arranged free accommodation in cabins at the Belmont Caravan Park where you will be accommodated with other conference delegates to be able to really connect with other like-minded individuals. Along with that, some of the conference leaders will be staying with you for your own convenience. Find below the Barwon River Caravan Park details in case you require them.
TRANSPORT to & from GEELONG
From the Airport….(Remember, the end goal is Geelong, 1 hour away from Melbourne!)
Options From Melbourne Tullamarine Airport –> Geelong
- If you are going straight from Melbourne Airport to Geelong, catch the Gull bus, about $38 one way. If you choose this option, then please retain proof of payment for your bus ticket so that you can be partially reimbursed upon arriving at the conference.
- There are two stops for the Gull bus in Geelong, however it is best to get off at Geelong main railway station as it is closer to our Waterfront Campus.
Options From Melbourne Tullamarine Airport –> Melbourne –> Geelong
- If need to go into Melbourne City before you come to Geelong, catch the Skybus to Southern Cross Railway Station, they go every 20 minutes (buy tickets there: $19 one way, $38 two ways).
- Catch the Vline train to the Geelong train station (it takes about 1 hour), which will be $6.10 for Concession and $12.20 for Adult (plus the Myki card, about $3 for locals and $6 for internationals)
- The walk is 6 minutes away, however if you are too tired, the Route 1 bus is one stop away from the station. Make sure you are catching the one going to Deakin University and not North Shore.
Day 1 Waterfront Campus – Friday 15th 12pm
- Place into comments on Eventbrite booking form your expected arrival time into Geelong on Friday morning.
- Provide a mobile phone number for contact and assistance.
- We will collect you and bring you to the Deakin Waterfront Campus if arriving to the Depot
- Meeting us on Level 6 Sally Walker Building and Staff Hub/Western Beach Room. (see below maps)
Meet on Level 6 and we will organise the bus to caravan park UNITS after the OxJam event that evening.
If arriving at the Geelong Railway Station, it is not a long walk to Deakin University Campus – see map below
If you wish to firstly go to your accommodation and then to make your own way to the Deakin University waterfront campus the below map shows the location of the Caravan Park and the Waterfront Campus.
*Gull Bus Final Depot is mid way between both points – on 45 McKillop Street
After the OxJam event that evening of Day 1 a bus will transfer all delegates to Caravan Park Units.
Day Two – Small change, great Impact (Formal Opening by the Deakin Vice Chancellor- Development Sessions 2&3)
A bus will collect all delegates and drive them up to the Waurn Ponds Campus.
Pick up @ 9 AM
How do I get around in Geelong or Melbourne…?
General Myki Tickets (information accessible here). Interstate student cards won’t be accessible unfortunately. Myki card works on the VLine but will deduct more as it’s a longer distance route.
We can’t wait to see everyone at the conference, if there any questions please let us know!